On Christmas Day we have a big breakfast before opening presents. The rest of the day we have family coming and going so I make a lot of appetizers and munchies. This Ranch Chex Mix in the menu. It’s very highly addicting. I’ve already made a batch for Christmas Day and hid it from myself! Although, I might need to hide it again.
It’s Chex Mix so it’s super easy to pull together and customize. You can certainly swap out some of the mix-ins that I chose.
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Bugles
- 2 cups Cheez-Its
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) Ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together cereal, crackers, and pretzels.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and seasonings. Drizzle seasoning mix over cereal mix and toss to coat.
- Divide between two sheet pans and toast in oven for 20 - 25 minutes, stirring halfway.
To make it easier and to more evenly coat the cereal, I drizzled a small amount of the seasoning over the cereal, tossed well, and repeated the process until all of the cereal was well coated.
And that’s it! Now I just need to wrap a few more things and make more treats!