This post contains affiliate links which cost you nothing but provides me with a small income to keep this blog up and running.
Around here, we love movie night. This week we watched Sing and it was so adorable. Last week it was Moana which I really loved too. The music was awesome and I just can’t get over how lifelike the animated movies look, especially the scenery. We watch Toy Story on the regular because we have a little boy obsessed, so to see the very first computer animated movie to what they come out with today is mind blowing!
Popcorn with movie night is a must, but sometimes I like to amp it up a little bit with a white chocolate and peanut butter drizzle. Just saying drizzle makes it sound fancy but really all you need is some microwaving skills to complete this one. You can use microwave popcorn but we’ve been on a kick here, making popcorn on the stovetop. The kids love to watch the popcorn pop in the pan with the clear lid we have. If you go that way too, you just need one batch of popcorn for this recipe with just a little salt.
White Chocolate & Peanut Butter Drizzle Popcorn
- 1 bag lightly salted popcorn (I like Pop Secret Sea Salt)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter (whatever tickles your fancy)
- sprinkles, candies, chopped peanuts, crushed oreos, etc. or nothing at all to sprinkle over top
- Start by popping the popcorn and then spread on a pan lined with tin foil or wax paper. In a glass bowl, add in chocolate chips and microwave for 30 second increments, stirring well in between, until melted.
- In a Ziploc baggie, pour in half of melted white chocolate, snip a small corner of the baggie, and use like a piping bag to drizzle the white chocolate over the popcorn. Mix in peanut butter with the remaining white chocolate and repeat the drizzling step. If you don’t mind larger drizzles, you could just use a spoon.
- Top with some topping if you’d like. Set the popcorn in the fridge until the chocolate is set.